Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Keeping the Momentum through Choice: Pt. I - Change!

Were you able to keep momentum yesterday?

Thanks to my lovely wife, I was able to keep moving forward with my projects – specifically a project for her which you can see at ThrivingwithNF.com – there are 2 dead links, but we will soon fix those.

Along with having my wife pushing me to get it done, I changed my environment, moving my laptop from the bedroom office to the kitchen counter. While I expected to be overly distracted by the kids, I ended up LESS distracted, even though they were in closer proximity. Instead of wondering what was going on down the hall, I was in the middle of it, and able to guard my focus more effectively.

Have you done anything to shake things up a bit? Switch your routine? If you have been ineffective in your current environment, you mind becomes programmed to work ineffectively in that environment, as well as grow bored with its surroundings. If a location change won't work, try new pictures on the wall. Rearrange your desk. Buy a new clock. Splurge and get that new office chair. Just change SOMETHING.

My report on yesterday is available on the ChampionofChoiceChallenge.ning.com site. Welcome to Bari, Haishuo, and Terry for joining in the last day! The site is improving everyday – thanks to all of you!

What will you choose to change today?

No comments:

Post a Comment