Saturday, August 29, 2009

Multiple Streams of Choices.


In 3 days, my kids return to school. At least, 4 of them do - the 5th has another two weeks. Kristi and I are re-evaluating the next four months. Are the choices we've been making good enough? How can we reorganize to further push her agenda to spread awareness for Neurofibromatosis even as we push my coaching and speaking further upward?

In addition, we're taking a serious look at internet marketing as a viable option to augment our incomes. That creates interesting choices as well. Multiple streams of income are great, but fracturing your niche can be harmful. Choices we see right now involve finding as many things WITHIN our niches to provide value to you, as well as creating some stealth ventures aimed at completely different audiences.

Tonight we're rearranging, putting both of us is the same office setting to enable us to work together more effectively. Years ago, even months ago, I wouldn't have thought that the two of us working together would be viable. Times change, people change, choices change.

The next four months, the next four weeks, heck - the next four hours - promise to be exciting and new. Don't worry, I won't resort to singing Love Boat lyrics.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Rich, the Internet marketing, multiple streams of income, fracturing niches and stealth ventures are all issues I'm grappling with at the moment, too.

    I'm already stealth in a few ways, but I'm not sure, at this point, if I have too many (known) niches, or not enough.

    I've always believed in running my writing and editing career like a good financial portfolio: Diversified!

    Some may say I should follow my passion, but I find my heart, along with my beliefs, pulling me
    toward four very diverse niche markets. The question is: Can I balance them all?

    I'm excited to hear about the choices you make in regard to NOT fracturing your very specific niche and why you made this choice.

    It also sounds like you are looking at a re-branding of sorts... also something I'm thinking about! (I have not made any choices yet in this regard at all. LOL)

    I'm looking forward to peeking in as you take your journey.

    ReplyDelete