Monday, August 17, 2009

Day One Momentum - Keep it Rolling!


How'd the first day go?

First of all, a hearty welcome to Chris Elliott and Derick Dickens for joining the The Champion of Choice Challenge Ning site! These are two quality speakers and coaches, and a great addition to the cause.

The site allows you to create your own Challenge through a personal blog, as well as offering upload capability for photos, music, teleseminars, videos. This is a tremendous opportunity to network and mastermind with like-minded individuals.

My first day went very well. After months of putting the video to dvd project off, I finished it up, and delivered it. Finally off my plate! Cleaned up the emails and made my dental appointments for Sept. Spent quality time with the family, since I had to go deliver the dvd's anyway, we all went out for the afternoon. In addition, I started (re-started) our 30 minute calm down time – talking, reading, praying – before heading off to rooms for the night.

Working on Thriving with NF with my wife, I created 4 new logos for her CafePress shop. You can see the other promised updates in my notes, if you want to keep up with my own Challenges.

I love first days – they are great for building momentum. KEEPING momentum is key to getting somewhere. Looking good for one day isn't enough. It may work to get one big sale, give one good speech, create one good date, or finish one great project – but its only a start. What we do on day 2 and beyond is what builds our success.

Enjoy your good days – but don't rest on those laurels. Make the next day even better, and keep making the choices you've promised yourself you'd make.

No comments:

Post a Comment