Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Last Day of Summer


A bit later than I'm used to, and later than most of my Facebook and Twitter friends - even later than most parts of Washington, but at last its arrived. The last day of Summer. Tomorrow, the kids head to school again.

Today I will commit to spending some one on one time with each one - playing, reading, whatever.

Its hard to believe I have an 8th grader, 6th grader, 3rd grader, 1st grader, preschooler, and quickly blossoming toddler. They change so fast - their looks, their speech patters, their attitudes. As Ferris warned us - "Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."



==
The first two weeks of The Champion of Choice Challenge have been positive and progressive, if not quite as productive as I hoped. I'm not on deadline with all my projects, as usual. I have kept my food journal going, and continue the family meetings, exercise, and nightly reading to get through Atlas Shrugged. The rituals are working - I simply need to create MORE rituals - dedicate chunks of time to individual projects to avoid floating around so much.

Be sure to check out The Champion of Choice Challenge Community - its slowly growing, and provides you a chance to interact with like minded individuals, build relationships, and also offers easy blogging tools to keep us up to date with YOUR challenge and progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment