Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How Many Do-Overs Do You Get?


When I was a young boy, Weebles were all the rage - they wobbled, but they didn't fall down. This chant was often used against me on the playground, as I limped with every step. Inherent in the insult though, was encouragement. No matter how much I fell, I would always get up. Even those who tortured me were forced to admit it.

I had the original Champion of Choice Challenge - and it didn't go the way I'd hoped. I learned a lot, but in terms of accomplishing my goals, it was an anemic effort.

Then, in mid-August (an amazing 86 days ago), I rebooted to the Champion of Choice Challenge 2.0. While I accomplished several things, my overall yield was light.

So - it's time to admit that it's impossible - the power of choice isn't what I thought. We can't decide to create our future. We are at the mercy of the world. I need to give up, delete this blog, forget about my dreams, and sink into the great masses of despair who inhabit so much of the world.

But I can't. Because if I choose to do that, it's still a choice, and I will create that reality. The negative proves the positive. And frankly, I'd rather be POSITIVE.

Who's up for the Champion of Choice Challenge 3.0?

Parameters:

It starts NOW. As soon as you've read this post. Not on the first of the month, or on a Monday, or after the football game, or once the project on your desk is done - NOW.

It goes till December 3Oth - 50 days all told.

Pick three things, three Foundational Footsteps, you want to have done by that time. Big, small, doesn't matter. Three things. Do them, and report back. If you get them done early, celebrate, and pick a few more - push yourself. If you're having trouble getting them done, let me know, and the Champion of Choice Challenge NING community. We need something to do over there anyway.

My three Foundational Footsteps are:

1. Write and release an ebook for my wife
2. Write and release Speak & Deliver: A Public Speaking Book for the Speaking Public
3. Create an amazing Christmas for my family

Yes, there's more things I want to do, that I need to do, that I have to do. But these three things will add to my life and lifestyle the most.

My Secret Weapons:


An accountability partner - everyday I'll be going back and forth with this person to help ensure I continue to move forward.

A profitable project - today I agreed to work on a special project which will help my bottom line, allowing me greater ability to focus.

The Experience of Failure. I know what's worked this year, I know what hasn't.

I call myself the Champion of Choice, and encourage you to become one as well. For my Devoted Minority - remember that that doesn't mean always make champion-level choices, though that is the goal, champion-level results following quickly after. It means I champion the world acceptance of their Power of Choice. My mission is to help you take back your Power of Choice - and use it to improve your life.

For better or worse - we are who we've chosen to be. The Champion of Choice Challenge 3.0 - It's time to choose better. We can wobble, but we won't fall down.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Rich for your honest postings. Too often we set ourselves super-human standards, reading everybody elses success stories on the Internet.

    How often do we have the courage to post about our failues and leardings from them?

    An inspiring and honest blog.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete